Below are some army officer training vacancies with ZNA
Required are suitably qualified candidates to be trained as Officer Cadets to fill existing vacancies within the Zimbabwe National Army.
• Have a minimum of six (6) points at ‘A’ level and 5 ‘O’ level passes with grade ‘C’ or better including English Language and Mathematics.
• Any higher qualification is an added advantage.
• Be aged between 18 -22 years for ‘A’ level holders and up to 24 years for those with Diplomas and / or Degrees.
• Be single.
• Be of minimum height of I 68cm for males and 155 cm for females.
• Should weigh not less than 57 kgs for ma les and 55 kgs for females.
Applicants to check on reporting dates and selection centres in their respective provinces over period 06 to 30 May 2019 on the following contact details:
Matabeleland North Province Headquarters 1 Infantry Brigade (Mzilikazi Barracks) Bulawayo telephone number (0292 209436).
Matabeleland South Province Headquarters Bulawayo District (Lookout Masuku Barracks) Bulawayo telephone
Mashonaland East Province Headquarters 2 Infantry Brigade (Kaguvi Barracks) Harare telephone number (0242743446).
Manicaland Province Headquarters 3 Infantry Brigade (Herbert Chitepo Barracks) Mutate telephone number
Masvingo Province Headquarters 4 Infantry Brigade (Gaya Musungwa Zvishavane Barracks) Masvingo telephone
Mashonaland West Province Headquarters Mechanised Brigade (Inkomo Barracks) telephone number (067 2192497).
Mashonaland Central Province Headquarters Artillery Brigade, Domboshava telephone number 0242336372).
Midlands Province Headquarters 5 Infantry Brigade, Kwekwe telephone number (05525 70375). Successful candidates will undergo selection at the Zimbabwe Military Academy in Gweru on dates to be advised at the above military camps. This will be followed by 18 months training programme at the Zimbabwe Military Academy. On completion of the course, candidates will be commissioned as Second
Candidates are to report at the aforementioned centres with original and certified photocopies of:
> National Identity Card.
> Long Birth Certificate.
> Educational Certificates.
> Professional Certificates.
> Reference letters from previous employers, colleges/schools or Chiefs/ Headmen /Village Heads.
Candidates who face difficulties in contacting Formation Headquarters in their respective provinces are to inquire with the Zimbabwe National Army Recruiting Office in Harare on the following telephone numbers; (0242-707459) or (0242- 793262).
• In addition to a good remuneration, the Army provides: Free uniforms.
• Free medical and dental care.
• Housing and transport allowance
• Generous leave conditions.
The ZNA does not engage third parties in the recruitment process nor charge a fee on applicants.